Friday, 10 May 2013

Nova Scotia Bound

In just two days, I'll be flying to Windsor, Nova Scotia, to attend Animotion, a three-week intensive puppetry class at Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia.

Mermaid first made a name for itself doing puppet shows based on Mi'kmaq legends, and now largely does adaptations of children's books.  I've seen a number of their shows over the years -- I saw The Red Ball, pictured below, when I was in nursery school -- and they've all been terrific.


Needless to say, I'm pretty excited, especially since this will be my first formal puppetry training. I can't wait to see what I'll learn!

(In other news, I've attached the wiper mechanism to the Heart of Gold, and it... sort of works.  I'll make some adjustments when I've returned to Ottawa.)

No comments:

Post a Comment